Written in Aunt MaryAnn's words....
First off, I boil the potatoes with skins on just until a fork will go into them and come back out without too much trouble. Don't overcook the potatoes or you'll have slushy potato salad. I would use probably 4 large potatoes and 3 eggs. I hardboil the eggs in the same pan with the potatoes but take them out sooner. So, it's potatoes, eggs, celery, black olives and a little onion - not too heavy on the onion. The dressing is Hellman's mayonnaise, tarragon vinegar and olive oil. I do not measure it. I mix it up to taste. The vinegar gives it most of the flavor, so don't be stingy. Also you'll use more olive oil than you think you will. The dressing I mix up when I put the potatoes in so that the flavors marry all the while the rest of the stuff is getting mixed up. Keep tasting the dressing. You don't want it to be too mayonnaisey, but you don't want it too runny either. You just have to make it a few times and you'll get it to where you want it. Start with two or three really overflowing tablespoons of mayo, probably a third of a cup of oil and keep adding the vinegar until it's tangy. Have fun and good luck.
This blog is a blending of all of our family recipes onto one site. Please post comments and share any and all of your recipes (by emailing me, Pam.) The best way to navigate and find a recipe is to click on a label, which categorizes the recipes by people and type of dish. I am open to any feedback on how to improve this and make it the best it can be.
Labels
- appetizer (3)
- april (12)
- Aunt MaryAnn (2)
- bread (10)
- breakfast (11)
- cake (5)
- casseroles (2)
- comfort food (5)
- cookies (18)
- desserts (29)
- dinner (18)
- dips (2)
- doug and alison (1)
- dough (1)
- drinks (1)
- grandma lass (4)
- grandma weiss (1)
- Jennifer Lass (1)
- lunch (5)
- marinade (1)
- muffins (3)
- nana lass (15)
- pam (42)
- pie (4)
- pizza (1)
- salad (2)
- sandwiches (2)
- sauce (1)
- sides (5)
- slowcooker (1)
- soup (3)
- tammy (2)
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment